Sign in to follow this  
TexasWhites7

Post up pics of your guitars

TexasWhites7
On 15 July 2016 at 6:04 PM, matt52 said:

Regretting not including Rain Parade now.  You ever listened to them?  Just been watching this set from Matt Piucci (who briefly played guitar post RP in Crazy Horse...) just before they reformed in 2013 time.  Its a righteous psychedelic noise.  You need to ditch the girly strat and buy yourself a decent Gretsch... :D

Yeah I've listened to Rain Parade by your recommendation. Not too into them tbf :ph34r: 

Vid was decent. I'm quite happy with my Strat as it's very versatile with a humbucker on the bridge. Last big guitar purchase was a Danelectro 12 string:

tubeela3rcdqldh32aci.jpg

I have toyed with a few Gretsch guitars at the shop but didn't particularly LOVE them. G5420-T stood out though.

matt52
20 hours ago, TexasWhites7 said:

Yeah I've listened to Rain Parade by your recommendation. Not too into them tbf :ph34r: 

Vid was decent. I'm quite happy with my Strat as it's very versatile with a humbucker on the bridge. Last big guitar purchase was a Danelectro 12 string:

tubeela3rcdqldh32aci.jpg

I have toyed with a few Gretsch guitars at the shop but didn't particularly LOVE them. G5420-T stood out though.

Nice, have you seen the Bellzouki?  My 12 string is a Phantom XII....much less practical...

On Gretsch guitars....The 6120 for me (if I could afford it...) or an old Country Gentleman...

Just bought me a nice Gibson SG, fitting it next week with a Bigsby B3 with the Towner bar set up.  Starting to get itchy to get a middle aged band together...

Going to split this out of the albums thread and create a new thread for showing off our guitars :) 

matt52

Anyhow, here's some of my guitars....

This is my beaten up mid-70s Shergold Custom Masquerader - was my working guitar when I was in a band years back.  Bomb proof, beautiful to play, moderately desirable these days, although the wood and finish on any example you'll find will be pretty much destroyed - they crack and craze.  Doesnt affect their playability.  Don't think I'll ever let this one go.

9EGmfZx.jpg

matt52

Japanese thinline Jag.  Bought it a few years ago to make up for having to sell my mint 1964 Jag back in the late 80s just to get by.  Something I always regretted.  This isn't as nice and I'm not sure being a semi-acoustic suits the jaguar shape.  But still a fun guitar to mess around on when bored.  Got the bridge mod on it to stop the strings jumping around.

vVOI23O.jpg 

matt52

The Lindert.  A weird US-made guitar I bought for its "looks".  Lovely neck.  Body super heavy chambered MDF covered in what can only be described as "purple and cream pebble dash".  I think John Squire played these for a short while but doesnt any more... The headstock is amazing.  The rest of the guitar is OK.  Not really my thing. Will probably sell at some point.

sXXmZY1.jpg

matt52

Another stupid looking guitar.  This one "handmade" by Shonky Guitars http://shonkyinstruments.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 somewhere out in Wiltshire.  Basically some guy who builds eccentric instruments.  Some of them from scratch.  Others - like this - made out of salvaged parts.  Here a no name oversize Les Paul body carved into an offset SG shape and an Ibanez neck with butchered headstock.  All of his guitars are weird looking (check them on EBay - some real primative stuff).  Actually - and despite it all - a really really nice guitar.  He picks his junk parts well.

jmLQSLE.jpg 

matt52

A neat little Fernandes Nomad travel guitar.  Saw Julian Cope using one back in 1992 and went out the next day and bought it.  A ragged garage sound through either an amp or its little battery powered speaker.  Doesnt stay in tune.  But lots of fun to thrash around on.  Always thought its looks we spot on - like some sort of bizarre sixties guitar updated for the 80s.  Still make them now, with a version with onboard effects.  Which would be an even better toy

ZGcC6eY.jpg

matt52

A no-name "Angelica" Japanese "Barney Kessell" semi from very early 1970s.  Actually a lovely, well made guitar.  This one very battered sadly but still makes a nice noise.  Clean versions are starting to fetch silly prices in the states for what was in the 1980s your definitive £50 junk shop guitar.

5JDzgwn.jpg 

matt52

Ultra short scale Ibanez Mikro Bass.  Just bought this for one of my kids, but cant stop playing it.  So much fun.  So far the Precision Bass I used to play in the 80s is still securely in a flight case in the loft.  This is so good (for fiddling around on in the front room) that it will probably stay there.  Excellent tone given its tiny size.

XetC85W.jpg 

todger
6 hours ago, matt52 said:

Ah fuck it, here's the 12 string.  A Phantom Guitarworks licensed Phantom XII - a very nice pretty much exact take on the 60s vox.

plvfOG1.jpg

Is that a banjo?

TexasWhites7
On July 16, 2016 at 8:23 AM, matt52 said:

Ah fuck it, here's the 12 string.  A Phantom Guitarworks licensed Phantom XII - a very nice pretty much exact take on the 60s vox.

plvfOG1.jpg

:lol: doesn't Anton Newcombe pose with this in his naked pic?

matt52
Just now, TexasWhites7 said:

:lol: doesn't Anton Newcombe pose with this in his naked pic?

Dunno :lol:

But Spacemen used them.  And the Mummies. And the Ramones...

11scu29.jpg

and Jimmy Page

big_fb829e19e2fc17fe67c13da96cde25df.jpg

TexasWhites7

My most recent buy: a Danelectro 12 string. Got it off an older lad on Craigslist who bought it for $450 and hardly touched it then he sold it to me with a hard shell case for $300. A bargain. Quite a different feel to a six string, but love the jingle jangle. It's quite beautiful, too. Coming soon to a Monoculture tune :) 

image.jpeg

Edited by TexasWhites7

Dr. Tobias Fünke

IMG_20160718_153255.jpg

The only picture I have to hand of some of mine.

On the left - Ovation applause elite. My first non-classical guitar, had it for 13 years ish maybe. Sounds very bright, but has a lovely tone. Will never get rid of it.

Behind - Squire Jagmaster. Love this thing. Have locked the tremolo because I never used it, helps it stay in tune a bit better. Fancy some new pickups at some point, but it really does sound lovely. 

On the right - Gretsch Boxcar resonator. Newest guitar in my collection and a really lovely sounding cheap resonator. Have fun with the slide on this one :)

Not pictured - a Vintage SG copy, a bright red cheapo Strat copy, three classical guitars, and a 12 string Applause. 

My next guitar will be a PRS Baritone I think...

matt52
2 hours ago, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

IMG_20160718_153255.jpg

The only picture I have to hand of some of mine.

On the left - Ovation applause elite. My first non-classical guitar, had it for 13 years ish maybe. Sounds very bright, but has a lovely tone. Will never get rid of it.

Behind - Squire Jagmaster. Love this thing. Have locked the tremolo because I never used it, helps it stay in tune a bit better. Fancy some new pickups at some point, but it really does sound lovely. 

On the right - Gretsch Boxcar resonator. Newest guitar in my collection and a really lovely sounding cheap resonator. Have fun with the slide on this one :)

Not pictured - a Vintage SG copy, a bright red cheapo Strat copy, three classical guitars, and a 12 string Applause. 

My next guitar will be a PRS Baritone I think...

Much jealous of the resonator.  Been thinking about one for a while.  But too many other purchases getting in the way.  Need to sell one now before I buy another or wont be room to put it.

What would you be using your baritone for?  Just sold my De Armond/Guild Seven Star because never got round to playing it...  Having said that, I did buy it for that fantastic retro-futuristic Guild Thunderbird body rather than because I needed it...

$_86.JPG