Sign in to follow this  
TexasWhites7

Post up pics of your guitars

Recommended Posts

matt52
54 minutes ago, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

been a while @matt52

 

just reorganised my gigging board

 

pedal order is now Xotic SP comp -> Coppersound Foxcatcher -> Lovepedal amp11 -> MXR chorus -> TC flashback delay -> little tone city tremolo -> Neunaber immerse reverb

 

 

currently hovering over a second hand Egnater Tweaker (15w tube, loads of tone options) because it's pretty pretty cheap and will satisfy my amp craving without dropping a grand on a Supro

 

also need to buy a Tele soon, quite fancy this custom shop job but it's £3,500 ish :ponte:

 

290051-288492-R18047%20(2).jpg?w=700&h=7

Good bump.  Have lots of new and profoundly daft pedals to share at some point.

 

Bought and then sold an early 90s Japanese Fender feel a while back and have to say it was one of the nicest guitars alive ever owned.  The build quality at that point at Fender Japan was right up there with some of the best guitars they’ve ever made.  But you can still score them for £600-800 if you look around.  Worth considering if you’re in the market for premium Fender product...But that does look nice...

 

My best value purchase recently a DigiTech CabDryVR cab simulator.  £65 second hand and transforms your sound.  Stick it at the end of your chain with an OD somewhere in there too and you don’t need an amp at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
5 minutes ago, matt52 said:

Good bump.  Have lots of new and profoundly daft pedals to share at some point.

 

Bought and then sold an early 90s Japanese Fender feel a while back and have to say it was one of the nicest guitars alive ever owned.  The build quality at that point at Fender Japan was right up there with some of the best guitars they’ve ever made.  But you can still score them for £600-800 if you look around.  Worth considering if you’re in the market for premium Fender product...But that does look nice...

 

My best value purchase recently a DigiTech CabDryVR cab simulator.  £65 second hand and transforms your sound.  Stick it at the end of your chain with an OD somewhere in there too and you don’t need an amp at all...

 

yeah, Japanese fenders are mostly great 

 

here's a matching headstock sherwood green MIJ tele :wub:

 

_c1330332_image_0.jpg

 

could do without the binding

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke

i think G&L are pushing for a chunk of the UK market this year, they've got their USA models in Andertons & Guitar Guitar for the first time (that i've noticed anyway)
 

how stunning is this :wub:

 

180710329519008b_02.jpg

 

180710329519008b_04.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matt52
1 hour ago, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

i think G&L are pushing for a chunk of the UK market this year, they've got their USA models in Andertons & Guitar Guitar for the first time (that i've noticed anyway)
 

how stunning is this :wub:

 

180710329519008b_02.jpg

 

180710329519008b_04.jpg

 

 

You got that super clean Leo Fender love...

 

Ive just bought an Industrialectric RM-1N - almost the opposite end of the guitar obsession.  Yet more nasty glitched out pedal dirt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
13 minutes ago, matt52 said:

You got that super clean Leo Fender love...

 

craving a Tele 

going to have to buy one just don't know what to get, nowt better than browsing :D

 

 

13 minutes ago, matt52 said:

Ive just bought an Industrialectric RM-1N - almost the opposite end of the guitar obsession.  Yet more nasty glitched out pedal dirt...

 

a reverb with some distortion in it? wouldn't it be more fun to buy one of the mega-featured glitchy reverbs and a few OD/distortion pedals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matt52
1 hour ago, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

craving a Tele 

going to have to buy one just don't know what to get, nowt better than browsing :D

 

 

 

a reverb with some distortion in it? wouldn't it be more fun to buy one of the mega-featured glitchy reverbs and a few OD/distortion pedals? 

I guess I prefer the weirder more fucked end of stuff.  The RM-N1 is all about the oscillations, beats and drones

as much as reverb —-> dirt.  Will sit next to the Seppuku Memory Loss, Kleissonic Echolapse and and Koma BD101 in the fucked up delay corner of my pedal cupboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
4 minutes ago, matt52 said:

You might as well buy that tele now.  Then you can start lusting after the next thing...

 

:D 

 

:D

 

aye

do need to go and play some then see if i can hold out until christmas 

should probably get rid of one really, got far too many guitars for a flat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
1 minute ago, Dougal said:

I got the holy grail of drive pedals! 

AAAAC45F-F6C0-4A93-A7CD-269478326D53.jpeg

 

niiiice

did you sit on the waiting list or did you buy used?

 

the Coppersound Foxcatcher and Lovepedal Amp11 are my attempts to have two KoTs on my board without buying them :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dougal
Just now, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

niiiice

did you sit on the waiting list or did you buy used?

 

the Coppersound Foxcatcher and Lovepedal Amp11 are my attempts to have two KoTs on my board without buying them :D

 

 

Was on the waiting list- went on it in 2014, but only just got round to ordering! Having played it for 15 mins, I wish i’d ordered it 3 years ago, i’d have saved myself a fortune in other drive pedals! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
1 minute ago, Dougal said:

Was on the waiting list- went on it in 2014, but only just got round to ordering! Having played it for 15 mins, I wish i’d ordered it 3 years ago, i’d have saved myself a fortune in other drive pedals! 

 

very nice

a real life Klon next? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dougal
Just now, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

very nice

a real life Klon next? 

😂😂😂😂😂 I find the Klon sound a bit like being poked in the ear with a stick. I think they’re great with British amps but i’m a fender guy and I think my amp has too much headroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farnley
On 14/09/2018 at 12:32, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

very nice

a real life Klon next? 

I switch between both.

37FC2188-66DF-492E-AA9B-42A0E6C2AE01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madlufcmonkey
On 13/09/2018 at 16:50, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

:D

 

aye

do need to go and play some then see if i can hold out until christmas 

should probably get rid of one really, got far too many guitars for a flat

 

‘That’s the deal I had to strike with our lass after the living room started to get taken over by guitars - one in, one out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Tobias Fünke
47 minutes ago, Madlufcmonkey said:

 

‘That’s the deal I had to strike with our lass after the living room started to get taken over by guitars - one in, one out.

 

the problem we have is that I've got 5 guitars in our flat in London, then another 4 at my parents' house

it's a tough sell trying to convince her I need another one tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madlufcmonkey
On 13/09/2018 at 14:36, Dr. Tobias Fünke said:

 

craving a Tele 

going to have to buy one just don't know what to get, nowt better than browsing :D

 

 

 

a reverb with some distortion in it? wouldn't it be more fun to buy one of the mega-featured glitchy reverbs and a few OD/distortion pedals? 

 

If you don’t want to break the bank, can recommed the Classic Vibe tele - got one about a year ago and impressed with it once set up. Quality bit of kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.