TOOLTD

Berardi apologises for a shit season

The BFB
Just now, Harfynn Teuport said:

Maybe next season all of the players could just agree to try a bit harder and be a bit more disciplined and then there wouldn't be any need for these kinds of things? The thing that struck me on Friday night about O'Connor and Pearce wasn't that they seemed to be so much more talented than anyone else on the pitch, but that they worked harder and gave more of a shit. A damning reflection on the senior pros.

If you are on £5000- £10,000 per week guaranteed for the next 4 years and were being overpaid would you really give a flying fuck in your current job?

LS18 FOZ

Totally agree Norm

Last 3 matches, get the kids in, give the supporters something to actually support and give them a chance to bed in with all pressure off with 2 of the matches at home

Edited by LS18 FOZ

theleedsmango
10 minutes ago, Harfynn Teuport said:

Maybe next season all of the players could just agree to try a bit harder and be a bit more disciplined and then there wouldn't be any need for these kinds of things? The thing that struck me on Friday night about O'Connor and Pearce wasn't that they seemed to be so much more talented than anyone else on the pitch, but that they worked harder and gave more of a shit. A damning reflection on the senior pros.

In a topic about Berardi apologising, I don't really think it fair to bring up the new players appearing to give a shit. Berardi always appeared to give his all in games, just lacking in ability and a bit clueless when it comes to how he showed his frustration. O'Connor actually reminded me a little of Berardi's grit, out-muscling their centre forward and then squaring up to him. In that position, Berardi may have headbutted him, so I guess that's a slight difference.

Harfynn Teuport
1 minute ago, Norman6 said:

And you can add BPF to that list. Time to get the kids in and stop thinking we need to buy a load of overpriced shit.

Beradi can apologise all he wants, he just refuses to learn. 3 sending offs in a season is unacceptable. 

I find it so frustrating when Saiz and Pablo and Alioski and Lasogga and Ekuban lose the ball in the final third - all they do is wave their arms about at the nearest target: opposition defender, teammate, ref. Just try and win the fucking thing back and shut the fuck up! They all (maybe barring Ekuban) have the ability to do well (or at least better than they are now), but they've all stopped working for the opportunity to show it.

Harfynn Teuport
2 minutes ago, theleedsmango said:

In a topic about Berardi apologising, I don't really think it fair to bring up the new players appearing to give a shit. Berardi always appeared to give his all in games, just lacking in ability and a bit clueless when it comes to how he showed his frustration. O'Connor actually reminded me a little of Berardi's grit, out-muscling their centre forward and then squaring up to him. In that position, Berardi may have headbutted him, so I guess that's a slight difference.

It isn't so much a criticism of Berardi - he is just the manifestation of the entire first team culture in this instance. I don't want to hear first team players tell me how this or that or the other aspect of this season hasn't been good enough. I want them to do something to put it right with tangible improvement (I don't even demand wins, just improvement!) on the pitch. Otherwise all the words are just fucking meaningless, aren't they? So, for me, it's time for these players to shit of get off the throne.

fubarious
7 minutes ago, Harfynn Teuport said:

I find it so frustrating when Saiz and Pablo and Alioski and Lasogga and Ekuban lose the ball in the final third - all they do is wave their arms about at the nearest target: opposition defender, teammate, ref. Just try and win the fucking thing back and shut the fuck up! They all (maybe barring Ekuban) have the ability to do well (or at least better than they are now), but they've all stopped working for the opportunity to show it.

Was thinking about this the other day when I watched Fulham-Brentford. When ever a player lost the ball he just tried to chase the fucker down. At top speed. The first few games this season we did the same but then it just stopped.

aspin
Just now, White Flash said:

Plenty of cover with Ayling and Coyle next year, time to move him on.

he doesn't give us enough going forward - how many decent crosses has he put in this season?

theleedsmango
16 minutes ago, Harfynn Teuport said:

It isn't so much a criticism of Berardi - he is just the manifestation of the entire first team culture in this instance. I don't want to hear first team players tell me how this or that or the other aspect of this season hasn't been good enough. I want them to do something to put it right with tangible improvement (I don't even demand wins, just improvement!) on the pitch. Otherwise all the words are just fucking meaningless, aren't they? So, for me, it's time for these players to shit of get off the throne.

Yeah, I completely understand that too. My dispute was just that Berardi is one of the senior players who always seem to put in an effort, his red cards are down to stupid tackles or fighting. For me Berardi leaves because he isn't good enough and can be a loose cannon at times, but not because he didn't give a shit. There are plenty of others that overlap both the "not good enough" and "didn't give a shit" categories in the first team.

Yorkshire Jesus
29 minutes ago, The BFB said:

If you are on £5000- £10,000 per week guaranteed for the next 4 years and were being overpaid would you really give a flying fuck in your current job?

I personally would think about hitting the targets set for me to achieve my bonus. If the company then decides to get rid of me because I am surplus to requirements, I can get another job at the current level demanding a higher wage due to my previous performance. 

White Flash
2 minutes ago, aspin said:

he doesn't give us enough going forward - how many decent crosses has he put in this season?

Agree

Was saying this years ago on here when we had Byram competing for the RB spot.

Berardi was better defensively but we need width and an outlet from our fullbacks which Berardi doesn't give imo.

Ayling was good at it last year too.

Norman6
1 minute ago, theleedsmango said:

Yeah, I completely understand that too. My dispute was just that Berardi is one of the senior players who always seem to put in an effort, his red cards are down to stupid tackles or fighting. For me Berardi leaves because he isn't good enough and can be a loose cannon at times, but not because he didn't give a shit. There are plenty of others that overlap both the "not good enough" and "didn't give a shit" categories in the first team.

The last time he was sent off he was captain FFS, just like that other fuckwit 'captain' Cooper

Señor Piñata

Too unreliable and gives nothing going forward. 

Great attitude but a liability unfortunately 

id have him in the bench next season if possible 

theleedsmango
10 minutes ago, Norman6 said:

The last time he was sent off he was captain FFS, just like that other fuckwit 'captain' Cooper

Which shows the state of our club. Cooper, O'Kane, Berardi...they are nowhere near Captain material. The club doesn't have a clue. For the redeeming feature of being a committed player and one of our longest serving, the fact he is so volatile on the pitch completely cancels that out. 

Having said that, I thought it was alright for a one-off cup game like Newport. He even scored our goal, and I don't think there were many Leeds fans, at the time or immediately after the game, questioning Berardi's input or the decision to make him captain for that game. Heaping the pressure of captaincy on someone as volatile as Berardi longer term wasn't smart.

Norman6
1 minute ago, 11WHITES said:

Just 20 more apologies to come

"Right lads, form an orderly queue and sit down in front of this camera and apologise for fucking up yet another season for Leeds United fans. Afterwards, pick up your personal belongings on your way out"

This Charming Man

Always liked Berardi but he's a liability and not good enough going forward. Would get rid in the summer. 

Goodtimeswillreturn
31 minutes ago, White Flash said:

Plenty of cover with Ayling and Coyle next year, time to move him on.

Agreed.....A player who misses best part of a quarter of the season through suspension is a liability. Much and all as I like him, it’s time to get rid. 

SuperLU

Not good enough if we want promotion but I would keep him in the squad for 3rd choice back up/utility.

One positive to come out of this season is that some Leeds fans have finally taken off their rose tinted glasses with players like Berardi and realised that if we want to go up - we need to do better.

Edited by SuperLU