Stepping Stones

Any of you from non-leeds supporting families?

Recommended Posts

ashley

Father from North Shields. Mother from Middlesbrough so family mostly a mixture of mags and smoggies. A few have ST at SJP and Riverside. Most of mag relatives have no problem with Leeds. Boro side of the family hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marmite
41 minutes ago, Stepping Stones said:

How does that happen and what do they think of you following leeds?

 

My father was a Huddersfield Town fan.  He got used to me being a Leeds fan after 55 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wheniweralad

My dad was a Wolves fan though not exactly a fanatic.

Didn't seem to mind when I was a glory hunting 12 year old in 1967.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nate Dogg

I’m from a non-footballing family. My dad sort of follows Brighton as he grew up there but has never been to a game or owt. My mum is from Birmingham and my grandpa used to go to the odd Birmingham City game when he was a kid but apart from that I’m the first proper football fan in the family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BilbaoLeeds

Family from all over Yorkshire so mainly Leeds with the odd (emphasis on the odd there...) Bratfud, Blunts and Wednesday plus the usual glory hunting scummers and scousepool. Got a lot of repect for one of my brother in laws as he still watches Bradford PA.

 

As for my late departed old man, lost contact in my early teens so I never managed to pin him down ( although would have seriously liked to later in life...!!!) 

 

Think he might have been  scummer but reckon deep down he didnt bother or maybe didnt want to wind me up as a young un...?

 

Shame I cant sit down with him now and discuss it over a pint...

 

 

 

 

 

SO I CAN CALL HIM A SCUM SUPPORTING TWAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8mufc

Fathers a belfast celtic fan

1 brother supports spurs the other liverpool

my two daughters one leeds one spurs grandson mental leeds fan after nearly being a scummer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOnTheKop

dad didn't give a shit about football. got in to Leeds during mid 80s when a few mates started going in our mid teens, shit football but the buzz at games got me hooked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beeston

Dad supports Runcorn, my Mum was a scum fan (she was born in Stretford so I let her off). I started supporting Leeds as a kid at Primary school, but my Dad would always take me to watch non-league football growing up, usually Bradford Park Avenue, but if they were away or not playing he'd take me to watch pretty much any non-league game in Yorkshire, then he would take me to watch Leeds Reserves mid-week if they were playing.  

 

When I got to 14/15 I started watching Leeds with a family friend. It was the time when we were in Europe so played a lot on Sundays, so I'd watch Bradford Park Avenue on Saturdays and Leeds on the Sunday. 

 

Took my Dad to watch Leeds at Burton last season, it was his first ever Leeds game, despite living two hundred yards away from Elland Road since the 80's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelly87

My Dad was from Middlesbrough and my mam used to tell me about a game about 1951 I think it was an FA cup tie played in fog at Airesome park and Leeds scored a goal ,no one knew who scored it only they found the ball in the net. We lived in that awful town then and mam who wasn't into football was told to leave a shop for laughing at the result . Dad was very angry too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrightonWhite
59 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Will be loads of glory supporters from the 60s/70s m8 

 

Yep, that's me.  Should be West Ham.  Dad's fine with it, in fact, he takes an interest in Leeds because of me and wants to go watch us with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scrumpy

old man is brum fan but was always into rugby first, so never really bothered. his side of family are a mix of villa, wba and brum. few raised eyebrows when this glory hunter started on the Leeds thing. 

of my off spring, eldest daughter and son follow us. youngest daughter couldn`t give a monkeys, she`s far more into horsey things. probably as a result of her only trip to ER being a windswept,dull 0-0 affair with charlton. tbh, it might have been enough to put me off:ponte:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kiddyleeds

My family are solid Wolves. Dad, uncles, nephews, grandparents the lot.  Apart from me and my brother who is a Bluenose.  I think the family look at my dad and shake their heads with disappointment :shakeno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gopherboy
1 hour ago, Beeston said:

Dad supports Runcorn, my Mum was a scum fan (she was born in Stretford so I let her off). I started supporting Leeds as a kid at Primary school, but my Dad would always take me to watch non-league football growing up, usually Bradford Park Avenue, but if they were away or not playing he'd take me to watch pretty much any non-league game in Yorkshire, then he would take me to watch Leeds Reserves mid-week if they were playing.  

 

When I got to 14/15 I started watching Leeds with a family friend. It was the time when we were in Europe so played a lot on Sundays, so I'd watch Bradford Park Avenue on Saturdays and Leeds on the Sunday. 

 

Took my Dad to watch Leeds at Burton last season, it was his first ever Leeds game, despite living two hundred yards away from Elland Road since the 80's.  

 

Gave you a like for your Dad supporting Runcorn. My dad taking to me games at Canal Street most weeks as a kid was my first experience of football - loved it. He's a Newcastle fan but never pushed me towards any particular team. My brother supports Liverpool like most people from Runcorn, and I ended up supporting Leeds from my mums side of the family being from Harrogate and me not wanting to be like everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Titus Andronicus
39 minutes ago, scrumpy said:

old man is brum fan but was always into rugby first, so never really bothered. his side of family are a mix of villa, wba and brum. few raised eyebrows when this glory hunter started on the Leeds thing. 

of my off spring, eldest daughter and son follow us. youngest daughter couldn`t give a monkeys, she`s far more into horsey things. probably as a result of her only trip to ER being a windswept,dull 0-0 affair with charlton. tbh, it might have been enough to put me off:ponte:

 

That was a terrible spectacle, can't blame her, the flying tesco bags had more fun than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stevedave
2 hours ago, Stepping Stones said:

How does that happen and what do they think of you following leeds?

 

Yep, one scummer, one derby fan few  wendies, on merry miller and mostly rugby league fans or union fans.

 

what do they think, dont rite give a fuck. :fumup:

 

The football ones i never ask. They do offer...a lot

 

Just its plain they all hate leeds as that all they seem to fucking bang on about, leeds this leeds that, after the admin, one texted me to tell me leeds kill babies.

 

 

 

i just laugh at em.

 

This easter weekend when on family do in south yorks, the derby fan said ...that he took his kid to the  leeds home game and the kid said did you go, yes i says.

 

you lot didnt shut up did you, i laughed it sent his father into an odd rage.

 

i think its a mental illness

 

leedsitius

 

irrational hatred of sommat, something, some group of people who plainly dont give a fuck about you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeadLiner

My family are Millwall but dad rarely talked about football or took me to a game.

 

By 13 i was travelling to Leeds games with a school mate and at 18 i was living in Leeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liverpoolwhite

Dad's a salford man. Supported MUFC all his life. Managed to get my sister, but not me.

 

I was born and brought up in Yorkshire, my mum wasn't fussed on football, nor were my grandparents but my grandad had a soft spot for Leeds (He's a foreign).

 

But mates at school supported Leeds and kids down my street did.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoffb

My dad was a Wiganer supported the pie eaters until I took him to Elland Road for the Liverpool replay in 1972. I couldn't keep him away after that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beeston
59 minutes ago, gopherboy said:

 

Gave you a like for your Dad supporting Runcorn. My dad taking to me games at Canal Street most weeks as a kid was my first experience of football - loved it. He's a Newcastle fan but never pushed me towards any particular team. My brother supports Liverpool like most people from Runcorn, and I ended up supporting Leeds from my mums side of the family being from Harrogate and me not wanting to be like everyone else. 

 

Didn't think anyone else on here would have heard of Runcorn never mind watched them. I can't remember Canal Street, but I must have been. I remember my Dad's uncle phoning him up one night to say that Canal Street was on fire. First Runcorn game I remember was against Guiseley in the FA rophy Semi Final in 1994, they had to use Chester's ground at the time, can't remember if it was because of the fire or when because of Hull City fans pushing the wall down in the FA Cup. My Dad still hates Hull for that. Then went to watch Runcorn in the final. 

 

Nice to see Runcorn at the top of the table again, with Runcorn Town and Widnes both doing well too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackfoot

All the family are scattered about but all are Leeds as far as Australia - my grandson lives in Liverpool and he plays out in his Leeds shirt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasha08

Mum & Dad God bless em were man u & Arsenal /spurs 

Brother spurs 

Mrs & stepson Watford 

Uncle Coventry /Southampton 

Cousin man u 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.