Sign in to follow this  
Sasha08

43 years ago this week

Recommended Posts

Sasha08
3 minutes ago, snifferheadsin said:

That is the land of lost content........

 

And cannot come again.

I want lucky enough to be there only saw it on sportsnight but I envy you for seeing out greatest ever team in the flesh .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BilbaoLeeds
2 minutes ago, snifferheadsin said:

That is the land of lost content........

 

And cannot come again.

 

a bit like Narnia then...?

 

- I keep looking in the back of my wardrobe to see if I can go back to those glory days but I just end up banging my head

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasha08
45 minutes ago, ls110es said:

Hard to tell who was the dirtiest us or them.

Love to hear the sky pundits picking the bones out of that lot

Barcelona in the 70s were known as thugs in football terms years before pretty Football played by Cruyff and later Guardolia they had a defender called Assenti ?? Spelling who was known as butcher of Barcelona but tbf Catalonia was still.in the dying embers of Franco rule in early 70s (Franco died in 75 ) so probably wasn't nice time tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CRUYFF44

I was there but I don’t remember it being that fucking brutal! 

The games turned into a powder puff no contact game for fashion models to be sure but not sure I would want to see that type of football back. (Weeell .....maybe just a bit!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
todger

I don’t remember it being that dirty either.

 

Maybe we were used to that sort of stuff back then, and it wasn’t that much out of the ordinary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawrence of Arabia
3 hours ago, Sasha08 said:

Barcelona in the 70s were known as thugs in football terms years before pretty Football played by Cruyff and later Guardolia they had a defender called Assenti ?? Spelling who was known as butcher of Barcelona but tbf Catalonia was still.in the dying embers of Franco rule in early 70s (Franco died in 75 ) so probably wasn't nice time tbh 

Think it was Migueli, a brutal thug who played at Barca for 20 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
southyorkswhite
1 minute ago, Sasha08 said:

I remember the shock that Norman and Lash had been dropped for the first leg at ER. But Paul Madeley man-marked Cruyff brilliantly that night.

One of my best nights in the Gelderd End!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wisible
4 hours ago, ls110es said:

Hard to tell who was the dirtiest us or them.

Love to hear the sky pundits picking the bones out of that lot

 

Almost forgot how hard lash could be when riled. Some classic performances too, especially from the defence .King Billy, Norm, and 11 bossing it. Fuck me I'm depressed at our current spineless jizz tissues.

 

#proud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
todger

I remember them throwing oranges at us from the top tier. I didn’t get hit, but they must have smarted a bit if they hit you on the bonce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mayowhite

I bet there was such a buzz about the place/city for that month or so in general, after doing barca to get through to the final, i imagine  the fans counting the days down like kids at Christmas time.

Anyone have any memories of the time leading up to Paris?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
southyorkswhite
12 minutes ago, mayowhite said:

I bet there was such a buzz about the place/city for that month or so in general, after doing barca to get through to the final, i imagine  the fans counting the days down like kids at Christmas time.

Anyone have any memories of the time leading up to Paris?

 

I’d been telling my dad all season that I’d be off to the European cup final. Got a ticket in the lucky dip via programme vouchers. My family went to Great Yarmouth on holiday whilst my dad paid for me to go on Wally Arnold’s to Paris. What a season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.