GINGERWILDCAT

Watching Leeds, how do you manage it?

GINGERWILDCAT

Just reading the ticket threads and people are talking upwards of £25 per away game, how do you lot pay these prices plus season tickets, travel/drinks/food etc, it must cost you a fortune. Are you all single or have you all got understanding wives?

Another aside, how do you all get time off work? I go to as many games as I can afford each season but a day out to Elland road and evening in Leeds plus taxi home generally works out at £150.

Please tell me where I'm going wrong.:D

Leeds1992

M'wall tomorrow

Ticket £30, travel £20, beer for coach/pub stop approx £50ish.

Not bad for a day in London. Was similar for Norwich

Ferret19

Supping in wrong bars after mate.

£2.08 a pint in Duncan, proper old school no fanny anywhere type of pub like.

Cuthberts is a cheap decent haunt for you though.

Edited by Ferret19

YRA2003

Me personally

Got a understanding wife, think she enjoys the peace and quiet when im out

walk to work, dont drive, dont spend anything or very little during week and save all my money for match, travel etc.

Hull and sheff wed wont need time off work set off 5.30pm on train.

games further away book travel in advance get it that bit cheaper and with group travel

midweek homegames bus there and back, in and out of game, wont drink. spent £5 plus my ticket (must admit get loads of tickets for £10, 15 off mates when there not going etc)

Edited by YRA2003

GINGERWILDCAT
Just now, Ferret19 said:

That's always pre match m8, after 15 pints and a win all sense goes out of the window.

Have you had one of these? :fotc: 

:D

westhullwhite

Yes single so I don’t have anyone taking me for every penny I earn anymore. 

No one nagging telling me I need to spend time with them. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. 

Even booked myself first class train travel tomorrow at 120 quid as I had Swansea to come back and beat millwall with 10 men at 50/1 so I was feeling flush. 

pag
12 minutes ago, GINGERWILDCAT said:

Just reading the ticket threads and people are talking upwards of £25 per away game, how do you lot pay these prices plus season tickets, travel/drinks/food etc, it must cost you a fortune. Are you all single or have you all got understanding wives?

Another aside, how do you all get time off work? I go to as many games as I can afford each season but a day out to Elland road and evening in Leeds plus taxi home generally works out at £150.

Please tell me where I'm going wrong.:D

maybe don't have fifteen pints? :)

Timmy Mump

Go to work, earn money. Pay mortgage, car, utility bills like a responsible adult. Use the disposable income on things I enjoy.

Timmy Mump
6 minutes ago, westhullwhite said:

Yes single so I don’t have anyone taking me for every penny I earn anymore. 

No one nagging telling me I need to spend time with them. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. 

Even booked myself first class train travel tomorrow at 120 quid as I had Swansea to come back and beat millwall with 10 men at 50/1 so I was feeling flush. 

1st class from hull to london @ 120 quid isnt bad at all imo m8 

Timmy Mump
11 minutes ago, Ferret19 said:

Cuthberts is a cheap decent haunt for you though.

stinks of farts and desperation and sam smiths is shite 

Dr. Tobias Fünke

work mon-fri so midweek games are out unless they're in London (or near ish)

i'm a bit lazy when it comes to booking trains and always forget to get advance tickets so home games travel around £100 plus match ticket, call it £40 for the sake of argument, plus a few drinks with dad before/after the game and it's around £150-160 per home game

then away days depends where it is but around the same for ones involving travel and less for London ones (though drink more)

aim to do 20-25 games a season, usually spend somewhere between £3,000 and £4,000 each season all in

doing fewer games this season for various reasons so will be a bit cheaper this time round tbf

westhullwhite
5 minutes ago, Timmy Mump said:

1st class from hull to london @ 120 quid isnt bad at all imo m8 

For a 1st class return it is. Direct train the ones I’m on as well so didn’t do bad at all. 

Timmy Mump

Few hundred quid a weekend or every other to enjoy yourself? Feel genuinely sorry for people who dont have a day to look forward to after a week of stiff graft/shitposting on waccoe 

Timmy Mump
Just now, westhullwhite said:

For a 1st class return it is. Direct train the ones I’m on as well so didn’t do bad at all. 

class that m8

windypants

I make leeds united my top priority. We have started supping in the Duncan too pre match, good saving over a season. 

Booked the train for Millwall a couple of months ago, £45 return, bit of a gamble like not knowing about match tickets but I am within  the priority bracket

I don't sup through the week, save it for match days. 

The wife understands it means a lot to me, only time she gets narky is around Christmas when she wants me to do family stuff. 

Edited by windypants

Timmy Mump
7 minutes ago, windypants said:

I make leeds united my top priority. We have started supping in the Duncan too pre match, good saving over a season. 

Booked the train for Millwall a couple of months ago, £45 return, bit of a gamble like not knowing about match tickets but I am within  the priority bracket

I don't sup through the week, save it for match days. 

The wife understands it means a lot to me, only time she gets narky is around Christmas when she wants me to do family stuff. 

:lol2: 

ezzil
14 minutes ago, Timmy Mump said:

Go to work, earn money. Pay mortgage, car, utility bills like a responsible adult. Use the disposable income on things I enjoy.

Not sure I am happy with the idea of you being a responsible adult. The Timmy we know and love is dead to me. 

magliad

I prioritise Leeds matches over other stuff like regularly buying clothes and other (what I see as) pointless purchases.

Midweek home games I spend £10-15 on the bus from town/ 1 or 2 beers/food. Saturday home games I get a lift from home, spend £20-25 on several beers/food.

Got a 2 Together card for trains, got to Norwich for £30, Millwall was even cheaper. I'll be giving myself a £40 budget tomorrow, easy enough tbh - works out at 8 pints. I'll sink 4 cans from Aldi on the train. Maybe an extra tenner for a takeaway when I get home.

There's roughly 2 aways per month so it doesn't work out at that much over the course of the month and the cost spreads out as you'll buy ticket/train in August and then the away day is September.

Midweek aways I just book the day off (and half a day the following to recover if it's long distance).

Missed 4 games last year, hoping to do the lot this season. Although I've upped my pension contributions and need to start putting more in my Help to Buy ISA, that might affect me for a few fixtures.

Timmy Mump
Just now, ezzil said:

Not sure I am happy with the idea of you being a responsible adult. The Timmy we know and love is dead to me. 

sorry m8 

wightylufc

I'm single so don't have to worry about spending time with anybody on a weekend. Although when I was in a relationship she had the fixture list and knew the craic. May explain why I'm single to be honest.

80%ish of my disposable income goes on days/nights out. The majority of them are with Leeds United.

Save money on the home games. Will often drive up, watch the game and come home, which costs me £15 in fuel. Only go out in Leeds 6-7 times a season.

I get 29 days A/L and the vast majority are used on Leeds. I could never do a 2 week holiday abroad and still manage to do all the Tuesday night/Sunday afternoon games.

Millwall will cost me £150 + as does most away games but they're full proper days out. Leave the house at 7AM, get home at 7 AM.

I think it's doable for everyone, just depends how much you prioritise it.

Ferret19
30 minutes ago, GINGERWILDCAT said:

That's always pre match m8, after 15 pints and a win all sense goes out of the window.

Have you had one of these? :fotc: 

:D

Had a few mate. 

Its a good thing a sign of endearment :D

westhullwhite

Also if you do home and away st with zebra your paying around 200 a month which is a lot but by December/January they are all paid off and you can start wasting that 200 quid on something else.