Titus Andronicus

WTF

Titus Andronicus

A senior officer with the Met Police faces the sack after he was accused of racism for using the phrase 'whiter than white'.

A spokesman for the Independent Office for Police Conduct said: 'I can confirm that as part of Operation Embley into allegations of serious corruption and malpractice within the Directorate of Professional Standards a notice of investigation has been served on an officer informing them we are investigating the alleged use of language deliberately intended to offend and that had racist undertones.

Colleagues are reportedly upset that the man's career has been hit and he faces a probe lasting up to a year for uttering a phrase which is widely used around the country without controversy.

White Star

Seems like the words black or white cannot be used anymore without having a racial undertone.

The world has gone bloody mad.

Legends
4 minutes ago, Titus Andronicus said:

A senior officer with the Met Police faces the sack after he was accused of racism for using the phrase 'whiter than white'.

A spokesman for the Independent Office for Police Conduct said: 'I can confirm that as part of Operation Embley into allegations of serious corruption and malpractice within the Directorate of Professional Standards a notice of investigation has been served on an officer informing them we are investigating the alleged use of language deliberately intended to offend and that had racist undertones.

Colleagues are reportedly upset that the man's career has been hit and he faces a probe lasting up to a year for uttering a phrase which is widely used around the country without controversy.

Wasn’t there a similar story over the word .... Nitty Gritty? Which apparently is related to the slave trade. I think we’ve all used that term.

Dr. Tobias Fünke

no leadership from whoever got that on their desk to say "nope, nonsense i'm not referring this"

no surprise they're struggling with their budget if they're chucking people on leave (full pay) for saying "whiter than white", that's an £80k salary down the pan

mattjay5
30 minutes ago, Titus Andronicus said:

‘ Operation into allegations of serious corruption and malpractice ‘ suspends somebody for using the term whiter than white :facepalm:

it it makes you wonder what sort of bedwetting cousin fondling inbred actually reported him for saying it 

just when you thought………

hairyjerry
24 minutes ago, Yuri Andropov said:

Before i jump on the outrage bus , can anyone confirm we have the full story here ?

I think there are some grey areas 

magliad

Meanwhile... they give awards to coppers who falsely imprison people and bend the use of anti terrorism laws to detain people who couldn't be any further from terrorists. The police force is royally fucked.

nigelleeds1970
39 minutes ago, White Star said:

Seems like the words black or white cannot be used anymore without having a racial undertone.

The world has gone bloody mad.

never seen a rainbow sheep

crackdown on racism by all means, long overdue etc

but at times its gone beyond the joke 

DangerousDaz
Just now, nigelleeds1970 said:

Doesn't rhyme

nigelleeds1970
2 minutes ago, DangerousDaz said:

Doesn't rhyme

my girl who's name is tracey

and I think she's rather racy

she blows and she sucks

she screams as she fucks

that's my girl named tracey

SheWantsRevenge
8 minutes ago, nigelleeds1970 said:

God help you if you carry on calling a spade a spade :ph34r:

Legends
8 minutes ago, YorkiePud said:

I might keep using this term at work from now on, hoping to get paid leave for a year, with the knowledge I won’t be sacked. What a waste of money, but it’s not surprising from my experience, they suspend Officers for so many ridiculous reasons these days and eventually reinstate them, there’s no common sense.

TAK

"An inquiry is believed to be running into an officer’s use of the phrase “pale, stale and male” in another force. A “good egg” is also thought to be discouraged in police ranks because it is deemed to be too closely associated with “egg and spoon”, rhyming slang for a highly offensive racist term."

Bizarre...